Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Movie Monday Round 6 - On Tuesday

So - who knew that my fingers would turn into this craziness??

It's been kind of hard today having to figure out how to navigate every day tasks when it hurts to move my fingers. At first it wasn't a big deal, but by dinner I was ready to start crying when I couldn't get my chicken inside my tacos. As always, there are blessings to be seen in the pain. I have experienced that I have people here who will stand beside me. Shannon took me to the emergency room and stayed with me for three hours. It would have taken me a lot longer to navigate if I was doing it alone. For lunch, Oky made me delicious spaghetti and my favorite tico food: fried plantains. JoJo helped me open things, pick up things, get things out of my backpack, make tacos, open banannas, make me tea, she even said she would put my deodorant on for me. Oh, and the list goes on.

Will you join me in prayer?

I am feeling stressed about really getting in the swing of writing lesson plans and this makes it a little more complicated. I am asking God for PEACE, trust, and faith.
I also am praying for healing for these blisters.

I recognize his kindness in the fact that tomorrow is Independence Day - so we don't have school. I seriously am so thankful for this.

Meanwhile, I have some great stories to tell about this past weekend - and pictures, pictures, pictures. When these fingers are better and lesson plans are in line I will TELL ALL!

Talk to you soon!


3 comments:

  1. Nikki! Cait and I just watched your update together! I hope your sweet hands have healed since then! Praying and thinking about you!

    love
    Mando

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for those hands! Ouch! Hope that shot and cream are working! That's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post is a little late, but i wanted you to know we were thinking about you this morning. We love you and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Give us a hands update.

    ReplyDelete