Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holla, from Scrappy in Costa Rica




Scrappy 

If you don't know him yet, you need to meet Scrappy. His proud owner is Lauren Bennett and he has come with me to Costa Rica to view all the beautiful sites and the beautiful people. Scrappy has big news for you guys. He has officially been offered the position of "Class Pet". Every weekend, one special student will get to take Scrappy home for the weekend. They will keep a log of the activities they do with Scrappy - at first, through pictures. Eventually, as they learn to write, they will write sentences telling us what they did with Scrappy over the weekend. It turns out that between now and Christmas break there are exactly enough weekends for Scrappy to visit each student. Scrappy is a very special owl. Congradulations Scrappy - I am sure you will have the best adventures of us all! I can't wait to hear about them and see the pictures!

Scrappy has also inspired the bulletien board for the class. I created it today. On the first day of school, we will take pictures of each student and put them on the board. This was my first independent project that I was able to do for Martha. You will learn all about Martha as the semester goes on, but I will give you a little snippet about her now:

Martha is the teacher that I am working with for my Student Teaching. I am so thankful to be with her. I have found that she is well respected by the people at the school. When I tell people that I am working with her, they say "You are very lucky". It didn't take me long to see for myself that I have been given a great teacher to learn from. She has been very welcoming and kind. I will tell you more about her soon.


Really quickly, I want you to see Oky. The other day she took us on a "field trip". She showed us the Costa Rica Country Club and then took us to a few stores to buy hangers. Next, we went to "Hyper Mas". This is owned by Wal-mart and is practically the same thing. There are so many American products inside - I was surprised. Anyways, here is Sarah, Oky and I.


Sarah, Oky and I
Isn't she beautiful? I want you all to come to Costa Rica just to meet her.

There are so many things to tell you. I want to show you my house, my school. I want you to meet my teachers and hear about the food I'm eating, the language I'm speaking, the crazy directions here - etc, etc.
But that must wait until later...I'm tired. Hasta Luego. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the bulletin board...ADORABLE! You are brillant with sending Scrappy home with the kiddos I cannot wait to hear all those stories and see those pictures. Oky is beautiful ahhhhhh. I wanna squeeze her and have her tell me about life. Baha. Love you and love this blog!

    ReplyDelete